Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

I think my cat is dying from a blocked bladder. I'm at the…

Customer Question
I think my cat is...
I think my cat is dying from a blocked bladder. I'm at the end of a hugh snowstorm and can't get to an emergency vet. He ate a little yesterday but then he started jumping in and out of the cat pan all night and all day today. He's also throwing up. Today he is not eating and is very lethargic. Is there anything I can do to help him.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
1/24/2016
Cat Veterinarian: Dr B, Cat Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
Dr B
Dr B, Cat Veterinarian

You absolutely have to get him to a vet.......this is a miserable horrible death. I wish so much I could help you but there is nothing, nothing you can do at home. A vet has to pass a catheter. Find someone who can drive you to the ER. There is no other choice. At least take him in and if you cannot afford to treat him have him humanely euthanized. Sorry I cannot do more. Just find a way to get him there asap. Sincerely, DRB

If I could get out I would. We just had 24" of snow and the roads are not even plowed. All I can do now is cry. I can't get out.

Can someone come and get you and take you to the ER? Can you call ER and see if someone can come get your kitty? Sometimes they will do that if you explain situations. Let me know if I can help you further.......Sincerely, DRB

I'm out in the country 20 miles from the only emergency vet if they are even open due to the blizzard. There is no one to help him.

Vets are open...they have to be by law, no matter what the weather.....try calling them.....this is life or death....

call every vet you can find and see if you can get someone out to your home....just try......Let me know if you need further help. DRB

Sorry I cannot help you more. BUt you might be able to find even large animal vet to help you....Call everyone you can find....DRB

I have opted out in case another professional can help you but your cat needs to see a vet asap. Good luck, DRB