Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

Cat probably ate a doc u lac and is drooling and vomited

Customer Question

cat probably ate a doc u lac and is drooling and vomited
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. John replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Thanks for writing in. My name is***** and I would be happy to help you. I wouldn't be too concerned about a potential toxicity issue with this medication. It is used in cats off label to help soften stools. It can cause some some cramping and nausea, though. If she is not vomiting anymore, it should be safe to watch her for any further problems. If she continues to vomit, still has excessive drooling, has bad diarrhea, has bloody stool, has abdominal pain or doesn't want to eat (especially tomorrow morning); I would have her evaluated by your nearest emergency vet. The problem with excessive salivation or diarrhea is that it can lead to dehydration very quickly, which can complicate matters with her. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. Hope this helps.

My goal is to make sure that you get all your question answered and all the information you need. If you are satisfied with my answer, please rate it. Rating it is the only way I get credit for helping you. If you feel like it is not helpful to you, or if there is more information you need, please respond back to me before rating. Realize that our conversation is not intended to diagnose or treat a condition. There has to be a valid veterinary-client-patient relationship established with an exam, according to law. You should always follow up with your vet.