petdrz
petdrz, Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in caring for dogs and cats.
21300550

I hate to ask this but I am desperate. I have 2 cats I have

Customer Question

I hate to ask this but I am desperate. I have 2 cats I have had for 13 years a brother and sister from consecutive litters. My wife passed away in Nov. I have to move and will travel in a motor home but both cats have rejected the rv and both suffer from motion sickness. I believe I will have to put them to sleep to stop them being miserable while I travel for 2000 miles to my new home. I would like to put them to sleep but do it myself instead of drugging them to make the trip to the vet. Is there something I can get to administer myself to make this easier on them and me?
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  petdrz replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you and your pets today. I am a licensed veterinarian with over 25 years experience and would be happy work with you.

I am very sorry for your situation and I am sure you are not going to be happy with my response, but there is nothing available to you that could be used to reliably or humanely perform a euthanasia. I understand you concern for their wellbeing, but it is just not possible with oral medications. Your best course of action is to contact a vet that makes house calls and have them come to your home for the procedures. If you would like me to help you try and locate one in your area, I would be more than happy to if you provide me with your zip code.

I am sorry for the loss of your wife and good luck with your future endeavors.

I hope this is helpful. Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please reply so I can clarify for you.

My posted replies are for general education only and not meant as a diagnosis. Only after a thorough veterinary examination can a diagnosis for your pet be made and specific treatments be advised or medications be prescribed.

Dr Z