Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

Mother cat had kittens on my bed need to move them to clean…

Customer Question
mother cat had kittens on...
mother cat had kittens on my bed need to move them to clean bed how and where should I move them?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
1/16/2016
Cat Veterinarian: Dr. Deb, Cat Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
Dr. Deb
Dr. Deb, Cat Veterinarian

Hello, I'm Dr. Deb and will do my best to help you today.

First of all, congratulations to your cat on the birth of her babies; kittens are always so much fun especially since the mom tends to do all the work:)

What I'd suggest you do is to locate a large box and line it with towels or something similar. Then gently pick up each kitten and place them into the box and move them with mom watching your every move to wherever you'd like her to care for them.

The bottom of a closet is often a good place or a small dog crate.

You don't need to worry about mom rejecting them; she's not at all likely to do so just from your handling them, especially if she watches what you're doing.

I hope this helps. Deb

Hello again,

I'm just following up on mom and her kittens. How are things going with them? Deb