Dr Marta Lepes
Dr Marta Lepes, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  Owner, practitioner, Owner at Hilo Veterinary Clinic, Inc, Vetmed Hawaii
90005502

My cat has changed within the last 24 hours. She's not

Customer Question

My cat has changed within the last 24 hours. She's not eating or drinking and she isn't moving too much. She is very vocal, yet now she is barely meowing. She hasn't been using the restroom either. What should I do? She's about 12 years old and this is abnormal for her
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr Marta Lepes replied 1 year ago.

Hello, My name is***** and I will help you.

Was she perfectly normal yesterday or a little off?

Did she get a fatty treat or meal yesterday?

Any vomiting?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She was off yesterday. She usually comes right away, but she seemed Disinterested. She eventually came to me. I tried Feeding her But she didn't eat. She didn't drink clean water, so I tried giving her milk which she usually drinks, but she didn't touch that Either. She got in her bed and just laid there. My cat is spayed So I don't suspect she is pregnant. She doesn't chirp, though she's chirpy instead of meowing and it's low.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No vomiting, or pooping
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

OK, I think that there is a chance of kidney disease which is very common in older cats

I sent you an offer of a phone call

Another possibility is that she has an infection somewhere

We can continue by email.

Because of her age and the sudden onset I highly recommend that you take her to see you vet. He can run a panel of tests which includes a kidney function test. He will also examine her for a possible infection

Please don't delay in going because Ruby is already feeling sick. I'm also concerned that she may be getting dehydrated which can make her condition worse.

If you are in the USA or Canada you should be able to take her in today.

Please understand that we can carry on this dialog - even after the rating - so that you can tell me anything else about Ruby that you want to.

Dr Marta

Just wondering how Ruby is doing and wheter or not you were able to take her to your vet.

Dr Marta