Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

Cat Veterinary

My cat Felix has been complaining prior, now he is

Customer Question
lethargic. Just lying in one...
my cat Felix has been complaining prior, now he is lethargic. Just lying in one spot, refusing to move. He does 2ry'n eat a little something. But will pass feces or urinate if try 2 move. And stool is small round like pebbles.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
1/11/2016
Cat Veterinarian: Doc Sara, Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
Doc Sara
Doc Sara, Veterinarian

Hi there I'm Dr. Sara. I'm a licensed veterinarian who works exclusively with cats and dogs. I'm sorry to hear that Felix isn't acting normally tonight. When you say that he refuses to move - does this mean that he's so depressed and lethargic that he's completely unable (like he's laying there unable to move) or is he still sitting up and interacting with you but just not walking around?

I'm glad that he's passing urine - as urinary obstructions are common in male cats. If his only symptom is that he won't get up and move, then that's a very vague set of signs. There are so many illnesses that can make a cat be lethargic that there's no possible way for me to figure it out without seeing him in person. If he's very weak and lethargic and hasn't moved from one spot all day, I'm imagining that he's quite ill. If it's at all possible to have him to an emergency vet tonight, that'd be my first suggestion. There are just too many possible things that could be going on with him for me to feel comfortable telling you that it'll be OK to wait it out. It might be, but I can't guarantee that based on your description. Please let me know what other questions I can answer for you and how he's doing now.

~Dr. Sara

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My goal is to provide you with the most complete and accurate “five star” answer. If my answer isn’t what you were expecting, it’s incomplete, or you have more questions PLEASE REPLY to let me know what information you are looking for BEFORE giving me a negative rating! If my answer has been helpful to you, please show me by giving me a favorable rating. Thank you so much :)

Doc Sara
Doc Sara
Doc Sara, Veterinarian