Dr. Amanda
Dr. Amanda, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  Associate Veterinarian
88695179

I have a kitten that is roughly 5 months old. He is not

Customer Question

I have a kitten that is roughly 5 months old. He is not eating and seems lethargic...weak. He's been fixed before we adopted him by our vet. What could be wrong?
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Amanda replied 1 year ago.

My name is***** and I am sorry to hear that Oscar is feeling poorly this evening. Does he go outside? Any chance of injury or fighting with other cats in the neighborhood? Does he hunt?

Can you take his temperature? Normal body temperature for a cat is 100.5 to 102.5 degrees.

Could he have gotten into anything such as human medications or marijuana?

Any vomiting or diarrhea? Any labored breathing?

Based on your history, I would wonder about fever, but the cause of the fever can be tricky to figure out.

If he is still lethargic in the morning, you will need to take him to your vet for an exam. They may recommend blood work and x-rays to help determine what the cause of his illness is.

Does this help? What other questions do you have?

Dr. Amanda

Expert:  Dr. Amanda replied 1 year ago.

How is your kitty this evening? Is he still lethargic? How is his eating and drinking? Did you end up taking him to your vet today? Do you have any more questions for me?

Dr. A

Expert:  Dr. Amanda replied 1 year ago.
Hi Diane,
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Dr. Amanda