Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience treating cats in my practice.
16881297

My cat is dragging s legs and screaming. Make, 12 years old

Customer Question

My cat is dragging his legs and screaming . Make, 12 years old - I live in an island and cannot get him to a vet
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 1 year ago.

Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

I am so sorry to hear about Trouble's condition. The most common cause for this is Heart Failure that throws a clot to the vessels in the legs causing a lack of function. This could also b due to a ruptured disc in his back. This would be treated with Prednsione at 10 mg daily to decrease the inflammation. The treatment for teh clot is often surgery to remove this and this requires a specialist to perform this surgery. Since you are not able to see a vet, I would try using the prednsione if that is available to you.

Unfortunately, the prognosis is not good for Trouble but all you can do is try.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.

Sincerely, ***** *****