Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

Pasha, my 1-1/2 yr old cat has sores on her ears and head.

Customer Question

Pasha, my 1-1/2 yr old cat has sores on her ears and head. She is constantly scratching and they are becoming scabby. What medication should I get to clear this up? My vet says it may be allergy related but it does not seem to be clearing up but getting worse. I have treated her with multiple flea treatments and they gave her antibiotics and cortizone but no help yet. Is there anything else I can do to help her?
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry to hear of this with Pasha. Can you upload a photo of representative skin to our conversation? You can use the paperclip icon in the toolbar above your message box (if that icon is visible) or you can use an external app such as dropbox.com. I can be more accurate for you if I can see what you're seeing.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I do not see a paper clip or any toolbar to send the photo. Please advise how to send the photo via an email attachment. Pat **** for Pasha

Pat, you can send the photo to***@******.*** who will forward it to me. This can take up to 24 hours.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you I will send you the photo via the email address above. Perhaps we can talk on the phone after you see the photo.

Thank you. ***** regret that my state board of veterinary examiners doesn't allow my speaking with customers by phone in this venue. Please stay in this conversation if you wish.

I'm just following up on our conversation about Pasha. How is everything going?