Jess K
Jess K, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  Licensed Veterinarian
89827615

, lethargic cat who is not eating or going to the

Customer Question

Customer: hello
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: lethargic cat who is not eating or going to the bathroom moans a little was fine yesterday gave him some Catnip maybe too much yesterday he is resting fine
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $19) to post your type of question to Cat Veterinary Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Sure interesting business model telemedicine for animals
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Jess K replied 1 year ago.

Hello, this is Dr. Jess. I am sorry to hear about your cat. Can you give me a little more information? Is your cat a boy or a girl? You say not going to the bathroom? Do you mean urinating or bowel movements or both?

Expert:  Jess K replied 1 year ago.

HEllo? Are you there?

Expert:  Jess K replied 1 year ago.

It appears based on your question that your cat is a boy? If this is the case and he isn't urinating, then this is a medical emergency and you need to get him into the vet ASAP. Male cats are prone to getting urethral obstructions, where the tiny tube that connects the bladder to the outside world becomes obstructed and the cat cannot express its bladder. These cats will often become lethargic, stop eating, and become painful. Delaying treatment can be detrimental to their chance of recovery. Here is some information on this sydrome:

http://www.veterinarypartner.com/Content.plx?P=A&S=0&C=0&A=1111

http://www.veterinarypartner.com/Content.plx?P=A&S=0&C=0&A=3587