Doc Sara
Doc Sara, Veterinarian
Experience:  I am a dog and cat veterinarian with a lifetime of experience in our family veterinary hospital.
23511967

The night before last my male cat started having these

Customer Question

The night before last my male cat started having these crying episodes , took him to the vet yesterday they did his anal glands checked his urine Ph level was good but the gravity level was at 1050 .Last night he would get very still then his whiskers would twitch and he starts drooling then followed by the crying what should I do now
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Doc Sara replied 1 year ago.

Good morning, I'm Dr. Sara. I'm a licensed veterinarian who works exclusively with cats and dogs. I'm really sorry to hear that Baby hasn't been feeling well today. Do you think it's possible that Baby is having difficulty urinating? Urinary obstruction is a common reason for a young male cat to be acting this way - they tend to vocalize and be generally unwilling to settle because they have a lot of pain in their bladders. If you're seeing him strain or push with his belly or he's producing very small frequent amounts of urine, this could be the case. The drooling and vocalizing could also indicate other abdominal distress like nausea, which can be a little more tricky to diagnose. In general, if I have a patient who is ill but I can't tell what's happening from the physical examination, then I move forward with some blood work and/or X-rays to find out what is going on. My suggestion would be to call your vet as soon as they open and update them on what he's doing. They may want to recheck him for more diagnostics or they may be able to provide additional medications for you to take home to him. If he's looking really lethargic or ill, you might also consider taking him to an emergency clinic.

I hope that this helps a little - please let me know what other questions I can answer for you.

~Dr. Sara

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My goal is to provide you with the most complete and accurate “five star” answer. If my answer isn’t what you were expecting, it’s incomplete, or you have more questions PLEASE REPLY to let me know what information you are looking for BEFORE giving me a negative rating! If my answer has been helpful to you, please show me by giving me a favorable rating. Thank you so much :)

Expert:  Doc Sara replied 1 year ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Doc Sara