Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

My vet gave me 1ML files of PrednisoLONE cat who has a UTI

Customer Question

my vet gave me 1ML files of PrednisoLONE for my cat who has a UTI and very low blood platelet count. The prescription is to give 0.05ML of that vile to her every 12 hours. I've only been pushing out the half of medicine between the numbers on the vial? Should I be pushing out to the .05 level of the vile each time?
I began this on Thursday and she has become more listless. I'm afraid that I'mnot giving her enough? We have an appt. on Monday but I'm scared. Thank you.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
viles"
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
picture of vial and prescription
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner. If you would still like assistance, can you tell me:

Are her gums pink or pale/white? Any breathing changes?

Since your photo didn't post, can you try to do so again. To post them online, you can use the paperclip icon on the tool bar above your text box. Or if you can't see that on your computer/phone, then you can post them on any other site (ie Flickr, Photobucket, imgur, etc) and paste the web link here for me to check.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Since no response from y'all last night - I drove to the emergency clinic and got the answer. Please do not charge me. Thank you