Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

Cat Veterinary

My female cat had kittens 3months ago, now she is loosing

Customer Question
hair around her neck could...
My female cat had kittens 3months ago, now she is loosing hair around her neck could it be a wolf worm although she is an inside cat
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/24/2015
Cat Veterinarian: Dr. B., Cat Veterinarian replied 1 year ago
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Cat Veterinarian

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner. If you would still like assistance, can you tell me:

Has she been scratching or itching the area? Grooming more?

Any changes to the skin (ie pustules, pimples, redness, crusts/scaling, ulcers, or sores)?
Any diet change in the 2 months before this started (ie is she eating the kittens food)?
What flea treatment did you use? When did you last apply it?

Can you take a photo of this? If you can do so, this will let me see what you are seeing. To post them online, you can use the paperclip icon on the tool bar above your text box. Or if you can't see that on your computer/phone, then you can post them on any other site (ie Flickr, Photobucket, imgur, etc) and paste the web link here for me to check.

Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian