Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

Our cat has been acting unusual past day or so. A few

Customer Question

Our cat has been acting unusual for the past day or so. A few minutes ago, she came out of the bedroom and her head is tilted and she appears to have lost her equilibrium. She did eat this evening and drank water. She just went back to bed. Do you think we should take her to an emergency hospital or does it seem as though she may be ok until the morning. She is about 12 years old. It is 1:18 here and the vet will be in at 9:00 am
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner. If you would still like assistance, can you tell me:

Has she been shaking her head or scratching her ears prior to this?

Any circling in a particular direction?

Do her eyes seem to be flickering back and forth (as if she is watching tennis)?

Has she been drinking more, eating more or less, or losing weight?