Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.
Thank you for your question. My name is***** I have been a small animal veterinarian for 13 years and I'd like to help with your question. Give me a moment to type a response and I will be right with you.
Cats don't tolerate rimadyl very well at all. It is fortunate that your cat only ate one tablet. Cats have have pretty significant intestinal upset at 4mg/kg of rimadyl (that would be 25mg in a 14 pound cat). They can develop kidney failure at doses as low as 8mg/kg (50mg in a 14 pound cat).
So, if he only ingested 25mg I would say that you have a good chance of intestinal upset, but are unlikely to have the more serious effects on the kidney. The intestinal upset could range from simple stomach upset to the development of a stomach ulcer. Ideally I would recommend going to a veterinarian for some activated charcoal. If the ingestion was recent it can bind some of the rimadyl to prevent it from being absorbed. They can also start some medications to protect the intestinal tract. They would probably monitor kidney function to be on the safe side, although this dose is unlikely to effect the kidney. If you can't go to a veterinarian then the only thing I can recommend is Pepcid A/C (10mg tablets of famotidine). This acid reducer can help protect the stomach. You can give 1/2 tablet every 12 hours.
I hope that helps, but if you have additional questions please let me know. If no, please rate my answer.