Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

My name is ***** *****. I have Cat that has severe Diarrhea.

Customer Question

Customer: My name is ***** *****. I have Cat that has severe Diarrhea. Can't control her bowels. I suspect Pancreatitis as she has had it before. She was neglected by the my daughter while I was gone for a year
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: she is thin . was a rescue 6 years ago.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $19) to post your type of question to Cat Veterinary Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Joey replied 1 year ago.

Hello I am Dr. Joey. Thanks for trusting me to help you and your pet today. I am a licensed veterinarian with over 16 years of experience. I look forward to working with you.

However, I need a bit more information in order to provide you with an answer to your question. I do need clarification if you are wondering the causes of this or treatment for pancreatitis or at-home therapy to try for diarrhea?

As well a few questions to help me clarify what is going on:

1) How long has she had the severe diarrhea (days, weeks, months)?

2) Any vomiting or appetite changes?

3) Is she on any medication(s) right now and if so what are these?

4) Has she already been in to see her vet for this current bout of diarrhea, and if so what testing was performed and what therapies were already tried?

Thanks for providing a bit more information.