Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience treating cats in my practice.
16881297

My cat has clear fluid in ear much like the example on the

Customer Question

Customer: Hi, my cat has clear fluid in ear much like the example on the web site. She has recently had a reaction to something that caused her to scratch profusely and injuring herself. We have an anti bacterial cream, she has been to the vet several times. We have her on a hypo allergenic diet. She has had shots for mange mites, been checked twice for ear mites. She does have a little brown in her ears. Been a month and a half of treatment with little improvement. Just noticed clear fluid in ears today. No eye discharge. What do you think it could be?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Nope That's all I can think of
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $19) to post your type of question to Cat Veterinary Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 1 year ago.

Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

This scratching could cause an infection and when it becomes chronic, there is more scar tissue that causes this chronicity to continue. I have used Swimmers Ear, available at the pharmacy over the counter, which dries out the ear so the bacteris and other organisms such as a yeast to not be able to grow. Try using this every 12 hrs and massage this down and wipe out the excess. This may help to keep this under control but may not be able to be curative due to the chronic nature of this injury.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.

Sincerely, ***** *****