Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

I have a cat about 4 yrs old who I believe is not well. He

Customer Question

I have a cat about 4 yrs old who I believe is not well. He has been crying a lot and his stomach has been sensitive. He had been shivering and his eyes appear to be rolling back. He can't seem to get comfortable in his positions. I'm very worried.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.

Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am currently not set up to make a live call. But, I am happy to answer your question on this thread. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- How long has this been going on?

2- Is he trying to urinate?

3- Does he cry when you touch his belly?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He has cried quite a bit over the last week and a half. Tonight is the first time I felt him shivering but he does have a more elevated heart rate since we moved to South Sudan 4 months ago. Yesterday there was a bit a whimper when I lifted him and tonight also when I noticed he was shivering. That's also when I noticed that his eyes were like they would be if he was sleeping or really dozing off. He usually finds a comfortable spot all curled up and then doesn't move but tonight can't get comfortable. He also did something out of normal for a few days a few days ago and went under the blankets to sleep.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I forgot to add that he does use his litter box so it appears he is still urinating but having said that I'm not sure about tonight. In fact when he went outside after I got back from work he seemed ok but not since he has come in. We have snakes here what would the symptoms if he was bitten by a snake?
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.

Friend, I am going to opt out and allow another expert to comment. I don't think I could be of any help in this case without a hands on examination. I am sorry.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks anyway.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Since I have never received an answer from any other vet, please close this discussion to allow me to rate this call and request a refund.