Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

Cat Veterinary

My cat has just eaten a cooked lamb bone (with bits of lamb

Customer Question
on etc).... The bone was...
My cat has just eaten a cooked lamb bone (with bits of lamb on etc).... The bone was probably approximately an inch or so so thick/wide and probably just longer than the length of a middle finger..... He chewed it all well, along with the lamb, and he used to be a stray cat so is possibly used to eating these things, but is he going to be ok? I've just read online about how cooked bones can be dangerous due to splintering etc.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
11/30/2015
Cat Veterinarian: Dr. Peter, Veterinarian replied 1 year ago
Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian

Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am happy to answer your question today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- How long has it been since he ate he bone?

2- So, it's fair to say that he broke down the bone, correct?

Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian