Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

My cat a 14 year old neutered male has sneezing and runny

Customer Question

My cat a 14 year old neutered male has sneezing and runny nose , no apparent fever but marked lethargy but is drinking water and voiding well. This started 24 hrs ago. What am I dealing with? Lynn Young
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Alleyne replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is***** and I am a licensed veterinarian with over 9 years of experience. I am hoping to help you with your pet today. Since I can’t physically exam your pet, I may need to respond with several follow up questions so I can best help you. Remember there is no limit on how many questions you can ask to in order to clarify any information I have provided regarding your pet. I just have a few initial questions to ask to gather some more information if you don’t mind? Is the discharge from the nose mucus or yellow in color? Is he an indoor or outdoor cat? Is he up to date on vaccines?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
discharge is clear, he is an indoor cat, but is a little over due for his shots

Sorry I can't accept phone calls at this time. Let me know if you want to talk to someone live or you wish to continue with the chat. If you wish to talk to someone live then I can opt out so another expert can take your phone call.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
please continue
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
he has no other symtoms

Okay thanks for the additional information. Has he been around any other cats recently? I would initially be concerned about upper respiratory infection but I would soon expect that the discharge would become yellow. Otherwise I would be concerned about a sinus infection that could be cause by an allergy or an irritant. Is Paco still wanting to eat?