Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

Have a cat that was rescued from being thrown away just at

Customer Question

Customer: Have a cat that was rescued from being thrown away just at weaning. Got her about three years ago. She stays inside all the time. Always been a very friend feline until about a week ago. She continues to meow in a hoarse sound and wants to be scratch about the neck and behind the ears. No signs of fleas or other parasites. Growls and acts jealous of her playmate, a small female kitten.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Cat has always been inside. Is bathed once a week with cat shampoo Is not aggressive toward master or any human, but is sometimes toward other cat. Used to walk on leash with master, but refuse no to walk with leash.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $19) to post your type of question to Cat Veterinary Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr Marta Lepes replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I am Dr Marta and I am here to help you.

I want you to look inside your cat's ears.

Do you see anything that looks dark/black and dry?

Or moist looking, sometimes with a bad smell?