Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

My 13 year old male cat, (fixed) Oreo, has a large raised

Customer Question

My 13 year old male cat, (fixed) Oreo, has a large raised mole under his chin. Do I need to have it removed?
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.

Does it appear to be getting larger?

Does it appear to bother Oreo? Any signs of him scratching the area or rubbing his chin? Any redness or sores around it?

Can you take a photo of this? If you can do so and post them online, it will let me see what you are seeing. To post them, you can either use the paperclip on the tool bar. Or if you cannot see that on your phone/computer, then you can post them on any site (ie Flickr, Photobucket, Imgr etc) and paste the web address here for me to have a peek.