petdrz
petdrz, Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in caring for dogs and cats.
21300550

My cat has a flat ear and shakes s head side to side. One

Customer Question

My cat has a flat ear and shakes his head side to side. One day it would be the right and the other the left. He seems to sleep more also.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  petdrz replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you and Temudjin today. I am a licensed veterinarian with over 25 years experience and would be happy work with you.

Those are symptoms suggestive of a otitis externa or in other words, an inflammation of some part of the ear canals. Even if you do not see discharge in the ears, the canals are "L" shaped and cannot be visualized fully without the aid of an otoscope. When the ears are inflammed, they are prone to secondary infections with bacteria or yeast organisms so it is best to have them evaluated as soon as you can. I would urge you to contact your veterinarian for a physical exam.

I hope this is helpful. Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please reply so I can clarify for you.

Dr Z

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank You Very much! I set an appointment for next Mon.
Chris
Expert:  petdrz replied 1 year ago.

Good to hear. Keep me posted as to what they find.

Expert:  petdrz replied 1 year ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Dr. Z.