Rebecca, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  More than 30 years of companion animal practice.
11877925

My persian is 17 years old he is drinking water no eating or

Customer Question

my persian is 17 years old he is drinking water no eating or pooping went to the vet all blood work is fine what do i do hes under the bed all the time
Category: Cat Veterinary
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
he is peeing
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
live service
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
or(###) ###-####
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
waiting on a reply thank youDebbie
Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry to hear you are worried about your Persian. I am a veterinarian and will do my best to help. I am sorry to see you have not gotten help from an expert until now. I just came online and saw your question.

I am not able to do phone calls for the website, but I can help you in this format. If you prefer to wait for an expert who can make a phone call, I can opt out.

How long has he been not eating? He is probably not pooping, because he is not eating. Is there any vomiting?

Blood tests tell us a lot, but not everything. We don't learn much about the pancreas, intestines, heart, and some of the glands, or if a pet has cancer on a basic blood panel. Pancreatitis is fairly common in older cats. Unfortunately so is cancer. If I had an older cat that was not eating, and blood tests did not tell me why he is not eating, my next step would be to do an ultrasound to look at pancreas, intestines, etc. Even Xrays might be helpful, if only blood tests were done.

Hiding, and not eating, are two ways that cats tell us they are sick, that they do not feel good. He is telling us that something is wrong, and I would do some more tests to find out where his problem is.

Let me know if I can answer more questions for you, or if you prefer me to opt out.