Rebecca, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  More than 30 years of companion animal practice.
11877925

Here is the info on NOCHE, 2 year old rescue cat that is

Customer Question

here is the info on NOCHE , 2 year old rescue cat that is kept separate. what treatment do you think is the best to go forward with ?
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.

It appears Noche is infected with the virus, and a risk to the other cats. It is good he is kept separated.

An IFA test would confirm the virus is infecting him, and if that is positive, he will probably not live long. I know of no effective treatment for cats that are infected. You can support them with blood transfusion, good diet, and steroids may bring about a remission for awhile. I have tried immune stimulants, and interferon, but have not seen it help much.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how does her blood levels look like - how can I help her feel better ?
Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.

I don't see any blood levels in your reports; I don't see actual red and white blood cells counts, only that she is leukemia positive. One report says there is "marked leukopenia/neutropenia" meaning low while blood cells numbers, but the actual numbers are not there, just an interpretation of the numbers.

Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.

If she does have low white blood cells and red cells (there is no red cell count in the forms you sent me), then I would try steroids to make her feel better.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
there should be 4 files attached..
here is the one for the red blood cells etc - the readings are on the 2nd page.
Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.

that is the interpretation that there is marked neutropenia and leukopenia and nucleated red blood cells, but no counts or numbers.

Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.

Going by that veterinarian's interpretation, all I know is that there are low (but I don't know how low) white blood cells counts, and that she is probably anemic (low red cells count but again no actual number to tell me how low).

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can you see the results ... its not the veterinarian's interpreteation its the lab technician looking at the resutls. they have the reading on the 2nd page.
Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.

I have opened all 5 of the links you sent; no numbers on any of them. No chemistries, no blood counts. If you look at them there are no numbers at all (except case numbers).

Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.
Hi Anna,
I'm just following up on our conversation about Noche. How is everything going?