Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of experience in small animal internal medicine, surgery, and preventive care.
25161683

My 14 year old cat has stoped washing mself. He wont jump up

Customer Question

My 14 year old cat has stoped washing himself. He wont jump up to his favorite sleep spots, instead he just lays on the floor. He is drinking gallons of water and his urinary and bowel output is fine. When I rub down his back I can feel his spine. He just seems to be failing to thrive. I wonder if it is diabetes or kidney disease. I am putting off going to the vet because I am afraid I will have to put him down.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.

Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am happy to answer your question today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.
There may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies as I type out a thorough reply for you.

1- Is he eating as usual?

2- Is it fair to say he is drinking more than usual?

3- Any other symptoms?

Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.
Hi Mary,
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Dr. Peter