Dr. Ann M.
Dr. Ann M., Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  ER and general medicine Veterinarian since 2005
15015521

I accidentally put the large cat Advantage II on my smaller

Customer Question

I accidentally put the large cat Advantage II on my smaller cat. She's 15 months old and about 6 pounds. She's acting fine but can this hurt her?
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Ann M. replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed, internship-trained veterinarian with 10 years experience in general medicine and emergency and critical care medicine and I would be happy to assist you. Please be patient as there may be slight delays in responses as I research your pet's issue.

It is unlikely that this will cause a problem, but it is possible. I recommend giving her a bath with Dawn dish soap, focusing mostly on the area where you applied it. If you do that, then there is almost no chance that this will cause a problem. If it has been several hours since you applied it and there are no symptoms, the cat will likely be fine without a bath.

I hope that I have answered your question thoroughly. If you still have questions, please reply. If you feel that I have provided anything less than excellent service, please reply to me first before rating my service and let me know how I can better assist you. Thank you for your question; it has been a pleasure being able to provide assistance. Best of luck.