Rebecca, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  More than 30 years of companion animal practice.
11877925

My kitten binx is about 8 weeks and has a really bad running

Customer Question

My kitten binx is about 8 weeks and has a really bad running nose and has been having sneezing fits is there something I can treat my kitty with from home or the pet store until I can take him to the vet for his shots
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Rebecca replied 2 years ago.

I am sorry to hear you are worried about Binx. I am a veterinarian and will do my best to help.

Is he still eating and drinking well?

You can get children's nose drops such as "Little Noses" and put a drop on his nose and hold up his head so a little runs into each nostril. That might help with sneezing.

If his eyes are runny, you can get Terramycin ointment for his eyes (unless you are in California, it is sold over the counter or online).

Expert:  Rebecca replied 2 years ago.

It is important he keeps eating and drinking. If he is not, offer broth, or warm his food so he can smell it better. If he is stuffed up and can't smell his food, he may not be eating well.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
He is still eatting and drinking very well its just the sneezing fits threw out the day and running nose
Expert:  Rebecca replied 2 years ago.

I would try the nose drops. If he is eating well, that is a good sign he is not seriously ill.

Kittens often get viral infections that cause symptoms like sneezing. If he is playful and eating, he is probably OK. Let me know how he is doing and what else I can help with. Rebecca

Expert:  Rebecca replied 2 years ago.

How is Binx today? Rebecca