Dr. B.
Dr. B., Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  Small animal veterinarian with a special interest in cats, happy to discuss any questions you have.
60269376

Around December, my 17-year-old cat Bubba was attacked by a

Customer Question

Around December, my 17-year-old cat Bubba was attacked by a female cat whose kittens were about 3 months old. Two weeks later we saw a swelling on his upper arm. It has grown and is soft and is the size of a child's palm. It is out about 1 " and about 3" long and 2" high. I would like to know what it is.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My daughter describes it as the size of and feeling like a golf ball. It's on the top outside of his arm.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It's not hard like a golf ball. It feels like a pouch of liquid.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Can I send you a photo, if so how, and how long after this email will you accept it?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
What password? I wasn't asked to create a password.
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 2 years ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your situation, and wanted to help.

Based on Bubba's history, he is developing a bacterial induced abscess at this site. It will be due to that female cat's attack and the fluid you feel is pus. In regards ***** ***** then needs to be seen by your local vet as soon as possible. If it is still small, then all it needs are antibiotics to clear. Though if it is allowed to fester and get larger, it could rupture or may need to be drained as well. So, this is likely what we are seeing here for Buba and what we need to do to address this for him.

I hope this information is helpful.

If you need any additional information, do not hesitate to ask!

All the best,

Dr. B.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need as this is how I am credited for assisting you today. Thank you! : )

Expert:  Dr. B. replied 2 years ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Dr. B.