Dr. Jo
Dr. Jo, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM from Iowa State University in 1994; actively engaged in private regular and emergency practice since that time.
36050890

My cat has been an indoor cat past 8 years. He has started

Customer Question

My cat has been an indoor cat for the past 8 years. He has started to want to go outside, but he has no front claws, so I do not allow him to. We went on vacation and when we came back into the country, we found out on social media that our cat was missing for three days. Apparently, he slipped out while we were loading the car. I am trying to understand why he has suddenly gotten the urge to want to venture outside.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Jo replied 1 year ago.

I'm Dr. Jo and I'm here to help you with your question about Zeus. I'm so sorry he's started engaging in this worrisome behavior, but glad you're looking for the information you need.
You may join the conversation at any time by typing in what you want to say then clicking REPLY. That way we can chat back and forth until you're satisfied with the information I've provided and are happy to give me a positive rating.
So I may know that you are online and available to chat, please type in a short reply. It's important that I know you understand how the website works and that you will eventually need to give me a good rating in order for me to be compensated before I type in a lengthy reply. Rest assured you will have my full attention after you reply, and I will continue the conversation until you're happy to give me positive feedback.
Thank you.

Expert:  Dr. Jo replied 1 year ago.

It appears you are not currently online and available to discuss your question. I'm sorry I missed the opportunity to have a live conversation with you. I will opt out so your question will be open to other experts when you return online. I do hope you find the information you are looking for.

Thank you.