Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

Cat Veterinary

Our 10 month old kitten started "smacking her lips". It

Customer Question
looks like she is trying...
Our 10 month old kitten started "smacking her lips". It looks like she is trying to get something out of her mouth or swallow. I looked in her mouth and did not see anything. I thought maybe she is loosing her baby teeth and this action may be normal for that situation. I would describe it as something a dog or cat would do if eating peanut butter.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
9/6/2015
Cat Veterinarian: Dr. B., Cat Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Cat Veterinarian

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.
Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but can you tell me:

How long ago did this start?

Any appetite loss?

Any retching, gagging, or vomiting?

Any access to toxins, chemicals, plants, or insects?

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Dr. B.
Dr. B.
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Cat Veterinarian