Dr. B.
Dr. B., Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  Small animal veterinarian with a special interest in cats, happy to discuss any questions you have.
60269376

If there is a blockage of urine from her bladder tumor,

Customer Question

If there is a blockage of urine from her bladder tumor, should I do her nightly sub q fluids for her CRF. She has been urinating a lot of bloody liquid today , becoming small quantity and now nothing. I think she is in the end stage. Don't know whether to give fluids or not. Today, my vet told me two things, when she is at her end, the urine will be bloody drops. She has refused most liquids and foods today, so I don't know if the inability to pee is dehydration or blockage. Can you advise me?
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 2 years ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read aboutyour situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner. If you would still like assistance, can you tell me:

How long has it been since she has passed urine?

Does she seem painful or uncomfortable if you press on her bladder?

Is she straining like she wants to pass urine?

Are her gums moist or sticky?

Are her eyes sunken or her skin tenting when you lift it?