Dr. B.
Dr. B., Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  Small animal veterinarian with a special interest in cats, happy to discuss any questions you have.
60269376

My cat appears to be dying. my cat is screaming in pain. she

Customer Question

my cat appears to be dying. my cat is screaming in pain. she didnt have any movement yesterday. now shes gasping for air.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with today.

I am so sorry to hear that Scarlet is in this situation. But please know that if she is gasping, cannot get enough oxygen, and is screaming in pain; this is an emergency for her. She needs to be taken to your vet or the closest ER vet urgently. From your description, she sounds very collapsed, potentially dehydrated and thus needing IV fluids, and if she is gasping we'd want her on oxygen as well. Overall, this is a very serious situation. Sadly, there is no home treatment for such serious and grave signs. Therefore, this is a case, where we'd need to get her hospitalized immediately to give her any chance of survival here.

In this situation, it would be prudent to get your wee one to the emergency vet. To find your local ER veterinary clinic, you can check @ http://www.vetlocator.com/or http://www.veccs.org/index.php?option=com_hospitals&nationid=1&Itemid=193

Please take care & best wishes for poor Scarlet,

Dr. B.