Dr. B.
Dr. B., Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  Small animal veterinarian with a special interest in cats, happy to discuss any questions you have.
60269376

My cat is supposed to be fixed today (Monday) and they said

Customer Question

My cat is supposed to be fixed today (Monday) and they said no food after midnight. I just saw the food bag was tipped over but no food was spilled out of it - it was just lying on its side that's all. He isn't supposed to have food after midnight so I was wondering if it is still ok to take him in or should I postpone it. Thanks
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I am afraid that the expert you have requested is not currently available. Still I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.

Since we are not likely in the same time zones, can you tell me what time the food was discovered?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I really don't know..the bag was tipped over but no food spilled out
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

Hi again,

I do think you have misunderstood what I asked. What I am asking was when you found the bag, not when he got into it. This is because it is unlikely that one would catch him and let him have the food.

So, if it is an hour past midnight when you found the bag, you are likely fine to keep his surgery appointment. Any later then that and we'd have to delay the operation (since having any food int he stomach would increase the risk of him bringing it up during the surgery and aspirating it into his lungs). So, if this is just around midnight, then we're likely fine. Any later and we will have to reschedule.

I hope this information is helpful.

If you need any additional information, do not hesitate to ask!

All the best,

Dr. B.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need as this is how I am credited for assisting you today.Thank you! : )

Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Dr. B.