Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

Cat Veterinary

Ok. Our cat came home w/what appeared to be a bloody

Customer Question
Ok. Our cat came...
Ok. Our cat came home w/what appeared to be a bloody spike-like chin hairs but i couldn't pull them out or clean them off. What could it be?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
Answered in 1 hour by:
8/6/2015
Cat Veterinarian: Dr. B., Cat Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Cat Veterinarian
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your situation, and wanted to help.
Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner. If you would still like assistance, can you tell me:
Do they seem painful?
Are they actively bleeding?
Can you take a photo of this? If you can do so and post them online, this will let me see what you are seeing. To post them, you can either use the paper clip on the tool bar above your text box. Or if you cannot see that on your computer/phone, then you can post them on an alternative site (ie Flickr, Photobucket, imgur, etc) and paste the web link here for me to check.
Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian