Dr. B.
Dr. B., Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  Small animal veterinarian with a special interest in cats, happy to discuss any questions you have.
60269376

WE RECENTLY STAYED IN A HOTEL AND WERE INFECTED WITH

Customer Question

WE RECENTLY STAYED IN A HOTEL AND WERE INFECTED WITH SCABIES. MY DOG AND 2 CATS ARE SCRSTCHING TO THE POINT OF BLOOD. ANY SUGGESTIONS.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee ones today.
If Callie and Skeezer have been exposed to scabies, then you can start treatment them with Advantage Multi, Revolution, or Stronghold. You can obtain these from your local vet as long as they have a recent weight for both animals. When using one of these, we will treat every 2 weeks for 2-3 doses to ensure we kill off all the scabies mite's life stages. Otherwise, I would note that if they are severally affected, then your vet could also treat them with injectable Ivermectin to kill the mites +/- antibiotics if there are open wounds that are at risk of infection (which if this is early stage and if they are small you can salt water bathe them any apply and OTC antibiotic cream to them).
I hope this information is helpful.
If you need any additional information, do not hesitate to ask!
All the best, *****
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need as this is how I am credited for assisting you today. Thank you! : )