Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

2 weeks my cat will not eat or drink unless forced to. If

Customer Question

For about 2 weeks my cat will not eat or drink unless forced to. If you pick her up she pees on you but no where else. Very lethargic and lays around and fur look like it standing on end
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Alleyne replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is***** am a licensed veterinarian with over 9 years of experience. I am hoping I can help you with Remy today. I just have a few questions to ask you first. Is Remy experiencing any vomiting or diarrhea? Does she seem to be losing a lot of weight? Does she spend anytime outdoors?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Vomiting only. yes to the weight loss, and she is an inside cat and has never been outside.

Thanks for the additional information. With her vomiting , not eating and drinking I would worry about her being very dehydrated. Is it possible that she ate anything unusual? What is she vomiting? Is it bile or just food? How does her gums look?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
bile dark green

Based on what you are describing , Remy is seriously ill and I would recommend that she sees a veterinarian as soon as possible. With how young Remy is there are a couple of things I would suspect. One would be a possible foreign body such as string, toys, etc. Another would be a some type of virus infection such as Feline leukemia or Feline infectious peritonitis. A veterinarian would likely want to have bloodwork performed and x-rays to help rule those things out. The longer she continues to vomiting and have to be forced fed she can have her organs start to fail. Do you have an emergency veterinary clinic nearby?