Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

Cat Veterinary

I'm a TNR cat rescue in pa, I'm in process of filing my 501c

Customer Question
3, I use three meds...
I'm a TNR cat rescue in pa, I'm in process of filing my 501c 3, I use three meds commonly.
Clavamox 6.5 (1 12hr 10dys for upper respitory, snotty noses, cough, sneezing rapid succession. It wrks great!
Drentol worming
Eye ointments almost 91% needed in kittens being socialized.
I can buy eye Ointment online at vet med site
* - The clavamox 6.5 mg tablets is required due to ferals not allowing me to place in mouth (liquid).
* - drentol / ? Wormer for tape N common worms in kittens feral N domestic, here again tblets is needed
These last 2 require vet script but vets in my area, Montgomery county require visits and don't provideore than 10% discount on visits.
Spay nueter rabies I can find local clinics for reasonable cost. Hear again, require NORM fee for meds N visit secondary. It's extreemly frustrating. Especially for not 501c3. How can I obtain these during this 6-9 month waiting period of my fed 501c3?
Please help. I can't afford meds and vet visit costs.
Respectfully
It's cool 2 care rescue
Gayle
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
7/31/2015
Cat Veterinarian: petdrz, Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
petdrz
petdrz, Veterinarian
I am sorry that you have been waiting for a response. I recently just logged onto the site and noted that your question hasn't yet been answered. I am a licensed veterinarian with over 25 years’ experience and would be happy work with you if you are still needing assistance.
You are definitely in a tough spot for sure, but I don't think you will be able to find a vet that would be willing to write a script or dispense meds without having examined the animal first. It is against veterinary standards and does substantiate cause for license revocation. In providing access to medication to a pet that has not been examined and evaluated personally, it is allowing you to make the medical diagnosis which is not allowed.
I do not understand however why the spay/neuter/rabies providers at the local clinics can't offer a prescription for the medicines to you after the animals have been there for services. With a script, you should be able to go online and purchase yourself.
I hope this is helpful. Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please reply so I can clarify for you.
Dr Z

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Z.
petdrz
petdrz
petdrz, Veterinarian