petdrz
petdrz, Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in caring for dogs and cats.
21300550

My cat is an indoor/outdoor animal; besides all the negatives

Customer Question

My cat is an indoor/outdoor animal; besides all the negatives about his going outdoors, please advise me as to what I can do to dissuade him from bringing me treasures of birds and mice.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  petdrz replied 2 years ago.
I am sorry that you have been waiting for a response. I recently just logged onto the site and noted that your question hasn't yet been answered. I am a licensed veterinarian with over 25 years’ experience and would be happy work with you if you are still needing assistance. The behavior that you are describing is normal instinctual cat behavior and short of keeping him in the house, you will not be able to dissuade him or stop it. Beau is exhibiting normal cat behavior. It may not be acceptable to you but it's his job and it sounds like he is very good at it. He is bringing it back to you just as a mom cat brings prey back to her kittens. He is probably wondering why you are not indulging in it. I would continue to thank him and quietly dispose of it. I hope this is helpful. Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please reply so I can clarify for you.Dr Z
Expert:  petdrz replied 2 years ago.
Hi Kenneth,

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Z.