Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

Is Sergeants Gold safe? I am careful to use the recommended

Customer Question

Is Sergeants Gold for cats safe? I am careful to use the recommended dose for her weight, she is a little girl, and I like the smaller volume of the product compared to other brands I have used...the larger amounts tend to roll down her should where she can easily lick it off..She has not had a bad reaction to it but I worry anyway...
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. John replied 1 year ago.
Hello. Thanks for writing in. The ingredients on Sergeants Gold are safer than most of the OTC products, but there is always a concern about reactions from any of these products. The ingredients that cause the most problems in cats are permethrins and pyrethrins. Neither of these ingredients are in Sergeants Gold. As long as she is tolerating it, and it is controlling the fleas, I cannot arguing against using it. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. Hope this helps.