Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

Cat Veterinary

My 3 month and half kitten she is usually very activeand

Customer Question
My 3 month and half...
My 3 month and half kitten she is usually very active
and like to play with other cat suddenly felt sleep on the floor last night and she slept all day long and she has no
appetite and not drinking water at all and hair is very dull
. Her body feels most of the time very cold and she seeks warmer place and no perky Usual Moxie the sunshine girl. She dose not like to go into the cat litter (She usually loves to go) and now she hissed at me and she has hard time to keep opening her eyes. Shall take her to vet? or it is just flue or something like this? My husband and I noticed that this cat starting sleeping very heavy in last 3 weeks. Thank you for reading this. I am so worry.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
7/19/2015
Cat Veterinarian: Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Aloha! You're speaking with Dr. Michael Salkin
I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. Yes, Moxie needs to see a vet at your earliest convenience. While the symptoms you mentioned - lethargy, anorexia, and hypothermia - are important, they're not pathognomonic (specifically indicative) of any one disorder and so a thorough physical exam including a complete blood count are essential in such a pet.
My primary concern is that she might be profoundly anemic. Please check her gum and tongue color for me. They should be nicely pink - not whitish. Please respond with additional information and further questions or concerns if you wish.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian