Rebecca, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  More than 30 years of companion animal practice.
11877925

My cat seems to have injured her back leg. She's not limping,

Customer Question

Hi, my cat seems to have injured her back leg. She's not limping, but is slightly awkwardly walking. She's been howling since too, and not jumping or trying to climb the stairs. Is it worth a trip to the vet? Many thanks
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Rebecca replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I am sorry to hear you are worried about PussPuss. I am a veterinarian, and will do my best to help. I do think a trip to the veterinarian is a good idea. She sound like she is painful, and there really are no safe over the counter pain drugs for cats so you need prescription medication. Tylenol, for instance, is poisonous to cats. Her veterinarian could also examine her, and try to find the problem. If she is howling, it sounds like something is really hurting.
Expert:  Rebecca replied 2 years ago.
Hi Mei,

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?