Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

My cat is like this page but only has discharge from one eye and the drooling has gotten w

Customer Question

My cat is like this page but only has discharge from one eye and the drooling has gotten worse thru this week. The eye discharge looks like pus and just tonight he is drooling profusely and holds his mouth slightly open
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 2 years ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.
Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but can you tell me:
How long has Orange had these signs?
Are his gums pink or pale/white?
Can you take a breathing rate for me (just count his breaths for 10 seconds + multiply that by 6)?
Any sneezing, wheezing, coughing, or congestion?
Is he eating and drinking normally?
Can you take a photo of this? If you can do so, it will let me see what you are seeing. To post them, you can either use the wee paper clip on the tool bar. Or if you cannot see that on your phone/computer, then you can post them on any site (ie Flickr, Photobucket, Imgr etc) and paste the web address here for me to have a peek.