Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

Cat Veterinary

I have a maine coon cat with long hair and I think he has a

Customer Question
urinary infection. I am elderly...
I have a maine coon cat with long hair and I think he has a urinary infection. I am elderly and on a very limited income and have no way to take him to a clinic. Is there anything I can do to help him?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
7/14/2015
Cat Veterinarian: Rosie_MRCVS, Cat Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
Rosie_MRCVS
Rosie_MRCVS, Cat Veterinarian
Hi I'm Rosie one of the vets and I'd like to try and help you. I have a couple of questions, if that's ok.- what is he doing that makes you think he has a urinary infection?- has he done this before?- is he still able to urinate?- any blood in the urine?- is he on any medication?- is he still eating or drinking?- what food is he on at the moment?Thank you - the extra information will really help. Rosie.
Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian