Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

My cat seems to have something stuck in throut but I don't…

Customer Question
My cat seems to have...
My cat seems to have something stuck in throut but I don't see anything
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
7/8/2015
Cat Veterinarian: Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian replied 3 years ago
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Aloha! You're speaking with Dr. Michael Salkin
I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. I believe that Simon is choking, gagging, or coughing? Please clarify. It's very unusual for a fastidious cat to suffer from a foreign body lodged in his throat unless a hairball that has been vomited can't "make it all the way up and out" of his digestive tract. Most coughing cats are suffering from either the feline herpesvirus (FHV-1) or feline asthma. FHV-1 is usually self-limiting in less than 3 weeks. Feline asthma, however, can wax and wane.
I regret that I'm not allowed to correspond with customers outside of this venue.
Please respond with additional information and further questions or concerns if you wish.