Dr. Whitehead
Dr. Whitehead, Veterinarian
Experience:  Doctor of Veterinary Medicine, internship trained, with 5 years of experience in high quality practice treating dogs, cats, and some exotics.
13146597

Had to take my cat early this am to vet she had been sneezing

Customer Question

Had to take my cat early this am to vet she had been sneezing bad for a day or two and the vet found 4 long blades of grass up her nose that smelled bad got a shot of penicillin and a much needed rabies shot we got home and she is furious with me!
And growled at me. Even turned her back at me for a hours. Tried to kept her inside all day as she had a small sedative given. well ..7 hours later she escaped outdoors. I'm upset she got out but upset she hates me now too how long will her anger be towards me?I was only helping her. :(
Thanks
Mia's human mom
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Whitehead replied 2 years ago.
Hello there. I am very sorry hear about Mia. I am happy to help you this evening. This is a very good question and is very common with cats. She will only be upset for a day or two. The usually calm down and relax after they get home and settle down. Offer her treats tomorrow when she settles down more and offer new things like catnip or tuna or lean chicken. Something yummy to entice her and don't try and do to much to fast. Just small treats and let her come to you in time. She will forget it pretty quickly and loving you again here shortly. I hope this helps and I hope this makes sense. Please do not hesitate to ask if you have any further questions or concerns. I would be happy to help. Please do not forget to rate my response so I receive credit for my time. Thank you!
Hi Lesley,

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Whitehead