Dr. Dan
Dr. Dan, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  12 years of experience with domestic and exotic cats, PLEASE rate my service when satisfied.
17018043

There, I have a domestic short hair about 1 1/2 years

Customer Question

Hi there,
I have a domestic short hair about 1 1/2 years old. Three days ago she started sneezing pretty frequently, however over the past few days it has calmed down. I've been with her nearly the entire day and only noticed her sneeze once or twice. Just as I thought she was getting better I noticed some clear discharge from her left eye as if she was crying :/ lol. Between the sneezing and the watery eye I just want to make sure this isn't something I should be super concerned with.
Thanks
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Dan replied 2 years ago.
Hello!
Thank you for your question, I'm Dr. Dan and I'll try to help you.
Is Effy still eating well and has her normal energy levels during this time where she has been sneezing and has a runny eye?
Dr. Dan
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Dan,Thanks for your help. Yes, she's still full of energy like her usual self. Her eating and drinking habits haven't changed ethier. She's eating and drinking water like normal.
Expert:  Dr. Dan replied 2 years ago.
At this point there isn't anything to be super concerned about. She likely has a viral upper respiratory infection. In cats respiratory infections often have runny eyes as well. The fact that the discharge from the eye is clear, the sneezing is minimal and her appetite and attitude is normal... then likely she'll fight this off on her own. This could take up to 10 total days however so be patient. The time to worry enough to see a vet's help for medications would be if her appetite drops or her energy level becomes minimal. Other than that you don't really need to do anything in the way of eye drops or diet changes at this point, just give her immune system time to fight this off. I hope this helps, if not please feel free to ask more questions. Dr. Dan