Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

Flea treatments cats weighing less than 5 poun

Customer Question
flea treatments for elderly cats...
flea treatments for elderly cats weighing less than 5 pounds??
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
6/27/2015
Cat Veterinarian: Rebecca, Cat Veterinarian replied 3 years ago
Rebecca, Cat Veterinarian
Hello, Thank you for your question. I am a veterinarian, with over 30 years experience, and will do my best to help.
I would consider using Frontline, since it is not absorbed into the body at all. It works on the skin, and not in the bloodstream. Another herbal option would be Buck Mountain Parasite Dust. It is a little labor intensive, and has to be worked into the coat, but is all herbal. How old is Kas? Apart from being 18, is he in good health?
Kas suffers from arthritis and is losing muscle mass due to age. Otherwise, he has no chronic illnesses.
Then I would use Frontline if this were my cat, or the Buck Mountain Parasite Dust.
Let me know what else I can help with or answer.