Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

Our 14 year old male Ragdoll cat has started to leave his bowel…

Customer Question
Our 14 year old male...
Our 14 year old male Ragdoll cat has started to leave his bowel movements outside of
his potty box. he just seen the vet and he is in very good health. His litter box is cleaned daily. Any suggestions?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
6/26/2015
Cat Veterinarian: Rebecca, Cat Veterinarian replied 3 years ago
Rebecca, Cat Veterinarian
Hello, I am sorry to hear about this problem you are having with Miles. I am a veterinarian, and will do my best to help. How many litter pans do you have, and how many cats? Sometimes older cats find it harder to get into the litter box, because of arthritis. Cutting a low side or opening can help these cats. Adding Cat Attract to the litter, an herbal litter additive, sometimes makes cats love to get into their litter pans. Are his bowel movements normal in color and consistency? If he is having soft stools/diarrhea, or hard dry stools, that can make him avoid his litter. Let me know what other questions you have.