Dr. Barbara
Dr. Barbara, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 30 years experience in veterinary medicine and surgery.
56364752

How often is it safe to use Revolution or Frontline on my

Customer Question

How often is it safe to use Revolution or Frontline on my cat?
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Barbara replied 2 years ago.
Hi, and welcome to JustAnswer. It is possible to use either product as often as every 2 weeks. What is happening for you?Dr. Barbara
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
He had Frontline 16 days ago, but the fleas seem to resist it. He was bathed and given a "lion cut" at the pet spa yesterday, but I still find fleas. He was pulling out all his fur and seemed very uncomortable. Since the haircut he's a little better, but still has some fleas.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
He had Frontline 16 days ago and a "lion haircut " at the pet spa yesterday. He had been pulling out all his fur and biting all the time. Now he is a little better but i still find fleas. I am going to try Revolution if it won't hurt him. He has has two series of Prednizone and other meds. Nohing worked. He is extremely allergic to fleas.
Thanks for your response.
No product kills the fleas instantly, but should immediately slow the fleas down and prevent them from biting. If the fleas you are seeing are fewer and slower, then the Frontline is working.
Eventually, as the fleas go through their lifecycle and are killed when they hatch from the pupae and jump on your kitty for a meal, they will die. Ultimately, if your cat is indoors and your only pet, then all of the fleas in your home will die. You can speed up elimination of all fleas by doing environmental flea control.
I'm glad to hear that your cat is better (more comfortable).
I would recommend that you apply Frontline again instead of Revolution. That way you'd be staying with the same chemical and are less likely to get side effects.